Life

Life
Life

Style

Style
Style

Kindle

Kindle
Kindle

First Impressions: Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation



I haven't really taken Tarte into consideration until recently. Sure, I've heard of the brand, but after browsing the stall at Beautycon London and watching a dozen beauty bloggers use and rave about these products over the last few years, I desperately wanted to dip into this brand. For us here in the UK, Tarte still seems relatively scarce- as far as I know, the products are stocked by QVC, and a few online stores. I got my foundation from Rose's Beauty Store.

A M A Z O N I A N    C L A Y    F O U N D A T I O N

Above all Tarte products, this foundation stands out as one that many people had brought and loved. The foundation, formulated with Amazonian clay, claims to:
* be oil-free
* give a flawless finish
* give 12 hours of satin matte coverage
* protect the skin from sun rays


Impressive criteria, especially for the oil-free, ray protection and  mattifying aspect, as I have oily/combination skin and have always wanted to find a stay-all-day foundation particularly for the upcoming sweaty season.

I purchased a sample pot from Roses' in the shade " Deep Sand". Noticeably, this was the darkest shade offered on the website (there are two new darker shades in the range) so I went with this as Tan range would be definitely too light for my complexion.

A P P L I C A T I O N   &   I M P R E S S I O N S



Sample pot in " Deep Sand"
The foundation appears to be quite fluid in the pot, but on the skin, as the name suggest, it feels much more thicker and clay-like. I quite like the sturdiness.



As you can see, it blends very well into the skin. On the back of my hand, it's a near perfect match

I M M E D I A T E L Y   A F T E R   A P P L I C A T I O N

(1 COAT)


A few of my scarring along my cheek and forehead is still visible.

Also, hints of the discolouration around the mouth remains.


I added an extra coat, focusing on the exposed areas

A F T E R   A N O T H E R   C O A T  &   S O M  E   T I M  E  L A T E R.....

(2 COATS)




Ignoring my no-existent eyebrows and dark circles, I'd say that this foundation managed to cover the most offensive of my scarring and hyper-pigmentation. It blended really nicely; the warmth from my fingers helped. I like that there isn't any sign of that  horrible streaking that you might find in cheaper or runnier liquid foundations.
I would also say though, that for me, " Deep Sand" is too cool toned for my skin and so makes my face appear ashy in bright daylight. Perhaps the darker shade of " Deep Honey" would suit me more!
I'm guessing this is a buildable foundation, as I needed two coats to achieve a more flawless and full coverage face.

Overall, if you find the right shade and don't mind a rather thicker feeling liquid foundation, Tarte Amazonian Clay is a pretty good buy. I'll definitely consider buying the full size in the future, perhaps after I try the darker shades.


Ciao For Now x


Kelita

F O L L O W   M E   H E R E:
https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/script-kel-13575229

No comments

Instagram