Life

Life
Life

Style

Style
Style

Kindle

Kindle
Kindle

Let's Talk about Death: Faith, Taboo and Organ Donation?!


Death is universal and inevitable. The only way to deal with it is to face it.

If you've ever lost a friend or relative, close or distant, you'll know and understand that your life, as you knew it, will cease to exist. Death changes everything.

In my twenty three years, I've lost two grandparents and an uncle. In relation to others, I've been quite fortunate - I haven't had to attend numerous funerals, bear long lasting grief or struggle to move on or move through.

I'm often amazed at how society addresses death - I really think that it doesn't - unless it has to. Death is one of those taboo, elephant-in-the-room subjects that if anyone dares to mention, they'll possibly get an array of wounded looks, a nudge in the ribs or a hushed lecture about their "inappropriateness".

I think this blase and timid attitude fuels fear - the less we talk about death, the more anxious we are of it. How are we supposed to correct any misunderstandings, old wives' tales and hearsay if we can't overcome social etiquette and have a simple thorough conversation about our immortality? Yes, I know there is a time and a place. But the truth is we live in a busy world with a short time-span and our very lives are like a splash in the ocean - it'll be over in a moment .

So, in an effort to grasp this precious time with both hands, I created a tag over on my YouTube channel a couple of weeks ago, to address the issue of death. I hope that it'll expel any awkwardness and, at least, encourage you guys to get talking and explore this topic (Regardless of your age and health)

At the end of the day, nobody will live forever.

The tag includes several questions about attitudes and topics surrounding death including organ donation, eternity, faith, inheritance and funeral procedures. Feel free to head on over to my YouTube to have a watch of the video. I hope that it helps you to address your own experiences and feelings and find a new approach to death.

Drop a comment below and let me know what you think about death. How have you dealt with losing your loved ones? Are you afraid of dying? Do you believe in eternal life?

All the best - value your life whilst you're living.
Have fun, create memories and enjoy your relationships.


FOR MORE INSPIRATION CHECK OUT #KINDLEMONTH:









No comments

Instagram