Life

Life
Life

Style

Style
Style

Kindle

Kindle
Kindle

REVIEW: GOING BLUE-BLACK WITH L'OREAL COLORISTA!


Transforming my washed out brown wig into a vibrant blue- black for Spring/Summer! #ravenhair



This is a super late post! Almost two months super late.

I decided to be all experimental during the Eater Bank Holiday and dye my everyday wig a beautiful shade of...black! Yes, I know what you're thinking. Black in spring/summer? The most unlikely of colours. I was tempted slightly by the purple/pink dye but couldn't quite find enough courage to grab it from the shelf ( actually I did, but swiftly went back into the store to swap it for the darker shade. Guilty)

Since my everyday wig has been my go-to for the past year (!) I wanted to give it a new leash of life. At least until I can afford a new one. L'Oreal's Colorista range looked like the perfect dummies-guide-to package that a dye newbie like me needed to get started on my home DIY makeover.

With instructions and every tool you need to go, dying my wig was a breeze and a blast at the same time! It took me about 2 1/2 hours to do it all! Yes, it was scary watching my pristine white bath turn a shocking shade of blue at one stage, but it was worth it in the end, and my wig couldn't have looked happier and brighter!

Here's a few before and after shots:

BEFORE




 AFTER




Check out my YouTube for a full vlog of the entire process from brown to blue-black!

I absolutely love \(and am obsessed with) this blue-black shade. It's safe - with a twist. L'Oreal has done an amazing job of creating a stunning colour that has vibrancy and full coverage- the dye completely covered my worn out brown hair. I love how the blue hue looks in daylight - it reminds me of a raven's coat (so pretty) My wig didn't dry out or suffer too much shedding when I applied the dye mix - it felt nourished even in its old state. I wasn't quite prepared for the heavy smell of chemicals that lingered for a few days after the dye - be ready for a headache!

It is now two months later, and my wig has retained its deep shade. The blue however is not as visible now as it was when first applied which is a shame, but the brown has definitely gone away. I do still get the purple rinse when I wash my wig, but the colour is permanent for sure.

Perhaps when autumn rolls around, I'l swap the dark hair for blonde, or pink, or neon green! (jk!)


Check out the L'Oreal range and have some fun this summer with your hair.

Which Colorista Are You? Find out here

Until Next Time,










This post is not sponsored.

No comments

Instagram